Sunday, June 7, 2009

Latest reads

There is always side reading going on in addition to the big list. Yesterday at the beach (while getting a slight sunburn) I read:

- The Moonshot Tape and Poster of the Cosmos by Lanford Wilson
- Reunion and The Dark Pony by David Mamet

The Wilson was okay. Very graphic at points. I am not I really like the character of Diane - it was not a particularly sensitive writing of her.

Enjoyed the Mamets very much, as usual. Reunion is beautiful at points - very poetic. Heart-breaking truthfulness and reality to both the father and the daughter. Dark Pony is an interesting piece - I'd love to see it done - to hear it, actually, since it is a very auditory piece.

Hopefully this week I'll start on something from the reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment